On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Describe the pathophysiological features of the different types of head and neck cancer.
- Discuss the implications of staging and histopathology of head and neck cancer for a person's cancer journey.
- Discuss key supportive care needs of people diagnosed with and undergoing treatment for head and neck cancer.
- Justify an MDT approach in coordinating care for people affected by head and neck cancer.
- Discuss current treatment approaches for the management of different types and stages of head and neck cancer.
- Analyse factors that might influence the treatment decisions of people with head and neck cancer.
- Use evidence-based approaches to facilitate the ability of the person affected by head and neck cancer to participate in decisions about their treatment and care, according to their preferences.
- Implement evidence-based interventions to respond to the supportive care needs of people affected by head and neck cancer.
- Tailor supportive care interventions to an individual's personal and social circumstances.