On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Describe the environmental and inherited aspects of the aetiology and pathogenesis of lung cancer.
- Discuss the implications of staging and histopathology of lung cancer for a person's cancer journey.
- Discuss the key supportive care needs of people diagnosed with and undergoing treatment for lung cancer.
- Discuss current treatment approaches for the management of different types and stages of lung cancer.
- Analyse factors that might influence the treatment decisions of people with lung cancer.
- Use evidence based approaches to facilitate the ability of the person affected by lung cancer to participate in decisions about their treatment and care, according to their preferences.
- Describe the mechanisms and risk factors of common effects associated with lung cancer treatments.
- Implement evidence based interventions to respond to disease and treatment related effects associated with lung cancer.