On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Identify the current management options for women with recurrent ovarian cancer.
- Discuss the implications of routine monitoring of CA 125 for women who have ovarian cancer and describe management options for women who are asymptomatic but have rising CA 125.
- Describe the impact of ovarian cancer and how it differs in younger and older women.
- Implement evidence based clinical and supportive care nursing interventions for women affected by ovarian cancer between and after active treatment.
- Explain the concept and utilise resources to support women with ovarian cancer who face survivorship issues.