On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Interpret key epidemiological trends in age-specific incidence, mortality and survival from ovarian cancer.
- Identify common symptoms of ovarian cancer and factors which may influence how women respond to these symptoms.
- Explain strategies the SCN may use to promote early detection of ovarian cancer for women at average risk and women at above average risk.
- Describe principles of support and counselling for women with increased familial or genetic risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- Discuss the implications of being a BRCA1/2 mutation carrier, and identify the screening and risk reducing strategies available to women.