On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Discuss evidence regarding the risks and benefits of population-based screening for prostate cancer.
- Identify recommendations of key cancer organisations in Australia regarding screening and early detection of asymptomatic men and men at above average risk of prostate cancer.
- Explain strategies the SCN may use to promote informed decisions about screening for early detection of prostate cancer.
- Describe common concerns and reactions of men undergoing investigations to detect prostate cancer.
- Implement strategies to provide information, education and support to men undergoing investigations to detect prostate cancer.