The aim of this module is to develop the ability of the beginning specialist cancer nurse to demonstrate competence across all domains of practice when caring for the person receiving biological or molecular targeted therapies for cancer.
On completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Perform a comprehensive health assessment on a person prior to, during and following biological and molecular targeted therapies.
- Analyse clinical, psychological and social data to formulate and implement an individualised plan of care for the person having biological and molecular targeted therapies.
- Demonstrate delivery of effective nursing care to prevent, detect and manage early and late effects associated with biological and molecular targeted therapies.
- Demonstrate effective educational strategies in providing individualised information to the person having biological and molecular targeted therapies.
- Demonstrate safe practice in the care of the person receiving cytotoxic agents.
- Demonstrate competence in the administration of biological and molecular targeted therapies.
Approximate hours of learning: 20 hours