Assumed knowledge and related information
- Supporting Module 3: The Biology of Cancer.
- Supporting Module 4 part five: Fundamentals of targeted therapies for cancer.
On completion of this supporting resource, you should be able to:
- Explain the role of antineoplastic therapies in the treatment and palliation of cancer.
- Outline the classifications of antineoplastic agents.
- Discuss principles for administering antineoplastic therapy.
- Apply principles of safe handling when providing care for a person receiving antineoplastic therapy.
- Discuss the experience and impact of antineoplastic therapies on the various domains of health.
- Implement interventions to prevent, detect and manage common health alterations experienced by people receiving antineoplastic therapies for cancer.
At times, you will have learning activities to complete. Click on the learning activities button and a list of questions will pop up. The questions will relate to the content you've just read or the video you've just watched.
Resource links are included throughout the resource. These links lead to interesting articles or websites, and are designed to encourage you to explore other available resources.
Cancer Australia. (2018) EdCaN module: Fundamentals of antineoplastic agent therapy for cancer. version 2.3.