On completion of this supporting resource, you should be able to:
- Explain the principles of cancer treatment planning.
- Discuss the role of cancer clinical trials in evaluating cancer treatment.
- Identify nursing implications associated with caring for the person considering or undergoing a cancer clinical trial.
- Apply evidence based treatment guidelines in the context of a multidisciplinary approach to planning treatment.
- Implement strategies to support the person affected by cancer to make decisions about treatments.
At times, you will have learning activities to complete. Click on the learning activities button and a list of questions will pop up. The questions will relate to the content you've just read or the video you've just watched.
Resource links are included throughout the resource. These links lead to interesting articles or websites, and are designed to encourage you to explore other available resources.
Cancer Australia. (2018) EdCaN module: Cancer treatment planning, version 2.2. Retrieved from: